Friday, July 15, 2011

Studio 54 @ Parliament House


You are probably wondering why I have a photo of myself and my BFF Jodie in South Pacific type garb! Well I was reflecting on the fact that we had such an amazing time that night (all in aid of cancer research) and I thought I should use my blog for a shameless plug for our upcoming event. Yes... I'm on the Committee for the Canberra Cancerians and every year we pick a theme for our Black and White Ball at Parliament House. It always sells out well in advance and the talented performers and MC's are central to the night. My own father passed away from cancer so I had somewhat selfish reasons for joining this group of hard-working volunteers. It's always a good thing when you feel a sense of empowerment and the ability to generate funds purely for research is motivation enough for me.

It's a freezing night here in Canberra with a glistening full moon shining cold blue light into my study. I felt tonight's post should be about something meaningful hence the details for our event are as follows. Studio 54 Ball is on at Parliament House (Great Hall) on Saturday August 27th. If you'd like to go, or get a corporate or private table together, let me know and I'll forward the booking details to you. Remember... if disco chic is your look then whip on your 'fro' and shake your 'groove thang' till the wee hours for a great cause. www.acrf.com.au

Photo: David Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment